Tuesday 22 November 2011

Beautiful Meme Talk -

I really liked the talk that Beautiful Meme did, I thought it gave me something else to think about within my design, and that is the actual words I am using within bigger bits of text. And I should make this a bigger consideration when designing with type.

Tom from Beautiful Meme gave us 12 key points of which he worked by:

1. strongest way to convey an idea is by using words.
2. the easiest way to sell is by using words
3. copy and design are always at war with each other
4. hierarchy is everything
5. people like reading well written copy.
6. words make your brand human.
7. simple is clever.
8. complicated is stupid
9. tone of voice is a subtlety
10. it is your job to challenge every word
11. designers and copywriters should be partners
12. good designers can spell, great designers can write

No comments:

Post a Comment